Join us at Westminster Insight’s bi-annual Safeguarding Adults Digital Conference.
- Kathryn Smith, Chief Executive, Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE)
- Dr. Ruth Allen, Chief Executive, British Association of Social Workers (BASW)
- Dr. Laura Pritchard Jones, Programme Director, Keele University
- Professor Michael Preston-Shoot, Independent Chair, Lewisham and Brent Safeguarding Adults Board
- Martin Sexton, LPS Project Manager, Salford City Council
- Alexander Ruck Keene, Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers
- Mary Robson, Director, Research in Practice
- Tamsin Williams, Strategic Safeguarding Improvement Manager, Devon and Cornwall Police
- Linda Middlewood, Head of Service, Older People and Physical Disabilities Team Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
- Melanie Thomson, Safeguarding Lead, LiveWest
- Steve Baguley, Community and Education Lead, NWG Network
You will hear updates to the code of practice and responses to the changing risks and challenges for safeguarding adults during the COVID-19 crisis.
You will hear from Kathryn Smith (Chief Executive, Social Care Institute for Excellence)
and Dr. Ruth Allen (Chief Executive, British Association of Social Workers)
on the impact of COVID-19 to safeguarding practice, lessons learnt during the pandemic and future steps to improve service delivery.
Join us to hear the latest legal updates
to the Mental Capacity Act, the transition to Liberty Protection Safeguards and practical challenges.
We will explore how to develop a staff-wide approach
to good safeguarding practice. Learn how to foster a positive culture
around risk assessment and referrals
to ensure your service meets current standards.
Michael Preston-Shoot will share best practice for Safeguarding Adults Boards and lessons learnt from the latest Serious Case Reviews.
You will review how to optimise collaboration and develop positive multi-agency strategies to improve safeguarding adult partnerships.
The authors of the independent report on Transitional Safeguarding will share the key principles for bridging the gap between children and adult services
to create positive outcomes
for all vulnerable individuals.